Basic First Aid + AED Provider Course (CERT)
By the end of the course, learners and/or appointed Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) members will have the relevant knowledge and application skills in Basic First Aid and CPR+AED to apply during an emergency or accident.
1. Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Responder or CERT member
2. Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) effectively on adult unconscious casualties
3. Perform the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) effectively on adult unconscious casualties
4. Perform First Aid treatment for common medical emergencies at workplaces or at home
5. Check and pack contents of First Aid Kit
6. Perform improvised carrying techniques
4 hours: CPR(HO)+AED
Module 1: Cardiac Arrest and You
Module 2: Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Module 3: Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
4 hours: Basic First Aid
Module 4: Introduction to First Aid & First Aid Kit
Module 5: Common Medical Conditions (Fainting, Breathing Emergencies, Burns, Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains and Bleeding for Cuts)
Module 6: Improvised Carrying Techniques
Small Group Practical - 1 Facilitator : 4 Learners (up to 4 Facilitators per class)
P1. We highly recommend individuals to have attained at least secondary two education or level 5 of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy.
P2. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
P3. Medically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury. Learners with medical problems, such as bronchial asthma, any upper respiratory tract infection, orthopedic problems (e.g. slipped disc), are encouraged to consult their own doctors before attending the course. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor first and produce a Letter/Memo to indicate if fit for training.
P4. Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor first and produce a Letter/Memo to indicate if fit for training. You are advised to defer taking the course to at least 6 weeks after delivery.
A1. Learners would need to fulfil 100% course attendance in order to be eligible for the assessments.
A2. Assessment Outline:
(i) Written Assessment (Up to 2 attempts to pass)
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions (80% to pass, 8/10 for CPR(HO)+AED, 80% to pass, 8/10 for Basic First Aid)
(ii) Practical Assessment (Up to 3 attempts to pass)
- CPR(HO)+AED Provider
- Basic First Aid Provider
C1. The Basic First Aid & CPR+AED is accredited by the Singapore Red Cross Academy.
C2. A credit card-sized certificate with 2 years validity will be issued upon successful completion by attaining Competent.