BCLS+AED Provider Course (SRFAC)
By the end of the course, learners will have the relevant knowledge and application skills in BCLS+AED to apply during an emergency or accident for adult and infant casualties.
1. Explain the duties and responsibilities of BCLS+AED Provider
2. Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) effectively on adult unconscious casualties
3. Perform the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) effectively on adult unconscious casualties
4. Perform the relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) effectively on adult conscious and unconscious casualties
5. Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) effectively on infant unconscious casualties
6. Perform the relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) effectively on infant conscious and unconscious casualties
7. Manage a medical emergency
Module 1: Cardiac Arrest and You
Module 2: Adult Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Adult CPR)
Module 3: Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Module 4: Adult Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Adult FBAO)
Module 5: Infant Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Infant CPR)
Module 6: Infant Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Infant FBAO)
*The SkillReporter (PC) with Lardael Resusci Anne Full Body will be used during this training for the Adult CPR (5 cycles of CPR 30:2 within 2 minutes)
- Child Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Child CPR)
- Child Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Child FBAO)
- Use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) on Children
Lecture - 1 Facilitator : 18 Learners
Practical - 1 Facilitator : 6 Learners (up to 3 Facilitators per class)
P1. We highly recommend individuals to have attained at least secondary two education or level 5 of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy.
P2. Medically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury. Learners with medical problems, such as bronchial asthma, any upper respiratory tract infection, orthopedic problems (e.g. slipped disc), are encouraged to consult their own doctors before attending the course. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor first and produce a Letter/Memo to indicate if fit for training.
P3. Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor first and produce a Letter/Memo to indicate if fit for training. You are advised to defer taking the course to at least 6 weeks after delivery.
A1. Learners would need to fulfil 100% course attendance in order to be eligible for the assessments.
A2. Assessment Outline:
(i) Written Assessment (Up to 2 attempts to pass)
- 30 Multiple Choice Questions (80% to pass, 24/30)
(ii) Practical Assessment (Up to 3 attempts to pass)
- Adult Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation + AED (Adult CPR+AED) + (5 cycles of CPR 30:2 within 2 minutes)
- Adult Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Adult FBAO)
- Infant Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Infant CPR)
- Infant Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Infant FBAO)
C1. This course is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
C2. This course is accredited by Ministry of Manpower CPD/264/A1B/020 with 8 SDU Points Awarded.
C3. A credit card-sized certificate with 2 years validity will be issued upon successful completion by attaining Competent.
Note: From 1st August 2018, the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) will no longer accredit stand-alone BCLS courses. All BCLS full and re-certification courses conducted in SRCA, will now include the use of an AED and be known as the BCLS+AED certification course.
- Last updated: 1 July 2018