Standard First Aid + AED Course (SRFAC-NROC)
By the end of the course, learners will have the relevant knowledge and application skills in First Aid and CPR+AED to apply during an emergency or accident.
1. Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider
2. Check and pack contents of First Aid Box
3. Apply first aid to accident casualties
4. Manage a medical emergency
5. Identify common accidents requiring first aid treatment
Chapter 1: Essentials of First Aid
Chapter 2: Unconscious Casualty (Non-Cardiac Arrest)
Chapter 3: Respiratory Problems
Chapter 4: Shock, Bleeding and Wounds
Chapter 5: Musculoskeletal Injuries
Chapter 6: Burn Injuries
Chapter 7: Other First Aid Knowledge
Chapter 8: CPR(HO)+AED
Lecture - 1 Facilitator : 12 Learners
Practical - 1 Facilitator : 6 Learners (up to 2 Facilitators per class)
P1. We highly recommend individuals to have attained at least secondary two education or level 5 of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy.
P2. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
P3. Medically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury. Learners with medical problems, such as bronchial asthma, any upper respiratory tract infection, orthopedic problems (e.g. slipped disc), are encouraged to consult their own doctors before attending the course. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor first and produce a Letter/Memo to indicate if fit for training.
P4. Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor first and produce a Letter/Memo to indicate if fit for training. You are advised to defer taking the course to at least 6 weeks after delivery.
A1. Learners would need to fulfil 100% course attendance in order to be eligible for the assessments.
A2. Assessment Outline:
(i) Written Assessment (Up to 3 attempts to pass)
- 30 Multiple Choice Questions (80% to pass, 24/30)
(ii) Practical Assessment (Up to 3 attempts to pass)
- Wound Bandaging (1 Bleeding and 1 Fracture)
- Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Conscious & Unconscious)
- CPR+AED (with Quality CPR strip rhythm testing according to SRFAC)
- Use of Tourniquet, MDI with Spacer & EpiPen
C1. This course is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) for the National Registry of Coaches 2018/2019.
C2. A credit card-sized certificate with 2 years validity will be issued upon successful completion by attaining Competent.