Psychological First Aid Facilitator Course (Train-The-Trainer)
By the end of the course, learners will be able to instruct competently as a Psychological First Aid Facilitator.
1. Explain the principles of adult learning
2. List the roles & responsibilities of facilitators
3. List the learning outcomes and key learning points of each subject
4. Present each psychological first aid and advanced psychological first aid modules competently
Module 1: Psychosocial Support Facilitation Skills
Module 2: Understanding Crises and its Impact
Module 3: Introduction to Stress and Coping
Module 4: Psychological First Aid
Module 5: Advanced Psychological First Aid
Module 6: Complex Situations and Reactions
Module 7: Introduction to Loss and Grief
Module 8: Introduction to Psychosocial Support
Module 9: Introduction to Self-Care
P1. Learners must have successfully attended and been awarded a certificate of completion in the following:
- Psychological First Aid (since 2016) by Singapore Red Cross Academy or Lay Counselling by International Federation Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support
- Community-based Psychosocial Support by Singapore Red Cross Academy or International Federation Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support
And hold a:
- Valid (not expired) Advanced Psychological First Aid (2019 and beyond) by Singapore Red Cross Academy
P2. We highly recommend individuals to have attained at least secondary two education or level 5 of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy.
P3. Prior reading completed of Training Manual of the following:
- Basic Training Kit Trainer's Book (upon confirmation)
- Psychological First Aid (since 2016) by Singapore Red Cross Academy
- Advanced Psychological First Aid (2019 and beyond) by Singapore Red Cross Academy
P4. Recommended to have knowledge, skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- mental health, psychosocial support, social work, psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, nursing, psychiatry, psychotherapy, counselling, coaching, humanitarian deployment
P5. Are prepared to be trained and be an active learner in the course.
P6. Have some successful prior training experience.
A1. Learners would need to fulfil 100% course attendance in order to be eligible for the assessments.
A2. Upon completion of classroom training, learners are required to complete attachments at Singapore Red Cross Academy. Singapore Red Cross Academy will provide all sessions (T1/T2) for ease of convenience.
A3. Assessment Outline:
(i) Practical Assessment (During Course)
- Small Group Demonstration (minimally "Fair" to pass)
(iii) Practical Assessment (Post-Course)
Observation: PFA Provider Course Observation (Based on SRCA's policies)
T1: PFA Trainee-Facilitator Conducting of PFA Course 1 (minimally "Good" to pass)
T2: PFA Trainee-Facilitator Conducting of PFA Course 2 (minimally "Good" to pass)
C1. This course is supported by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support.
C2. Learners would need to fulfil 100% course attendance and by attaining Competent in order to be eligible for the issue of an A4 certificate stating Statement of Attainment in Psychological First Aid Facilitator Course (Train-The-Trainer).
C3. The Instructor Certificate is renewable once the Instructor has assumed the role as a Psychological First Aid Facilitator at least twice per year at the Singapore Red Cross Academy.